Mrs. Rucker’s Core Values and Beliefs
- To provide a safe and nurturing school environment in which all students, regardless of their abilities or backgrounds, can and will succeed.
- To create a collaborative environment in an effort to make the best decisions for all students.
- To develop a culture of learning and achievement that is contagious and supported by all stakeholders.
- To empower teachers to be agents of change and to go above and beyond to help all students succeed.
- Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- Post-Masters Certification – Educational Leadership
- Lynchburg College, Lynchburg, VA
- M. Ed. in School Counseling Pre-K – 12
- Sweet Briar College, Sweet Briar, VA
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
About Mrs. Rucker
My career path has always been focused on the educational transition of students. As a recruiter for my alma mater, Sweet Briar College, I counseled students on the college admissions process and assisted them in narrowing down their college search and finding the right fit. In Student Affairs at the college level, I assisted first year students’ transition to college and assisted current students as they prepared for life after college.
My prior experience in higher education allowed me to help many students in my first school counselor position in Henrico County Public Schools. My role was to prepare students within my caseload and building for life after high school. Within two years I was promoted to Director of School Counseling. In this role, it was my responsibility to create a comprehensive program that supported all grade levels academically, socially, and personally with an emphasis on post-secondary preparation. As a member of the administrative team, I was a part of discussions that focused on instruction and gained a global perspective on education that was transforming and sparked my interest to become a school administrator.
I believe that it is the responsibility of the middle school to provide a seamless transition for students in a safe and nurturing environment. to grow and prepare for the next stage of their life. My prior experiences have prepared me to ensure that each student successfully transitions from elementary to middle school and from middle school to high school. As principal, I look forward to working with the faculty, staff, parents and students to ensure that our students are prepared for the next stage of their education career.