Contact Tracy Davis for any questions about enrolling.
For all students considering admission to GMS for the 2016-17 school year, below is a list of required documents and information you should know prior to entering. Residents of Goochland County may register students at any time. A parent is required to be present when enrolling students. An enrollment packet must be completed at the time of registration.
(Original documents are required at time of enrollment)
The student must live with his/her legal guardian in the Goochland High School attendance area. If student and family lives with another Goochland County resident, you must bring in a notarized multiple family disclosure form (available at the school) and two documents that provide proof of homeowner’s residency or renter’s residency.
TWO of the following documents are required for residency:
- monthly mortgage statement, deed, or sales agreement OR a current signed and bona fide lease
- land-line telephone bill
- cable/satellite bill
- gas bill
- electric bill
- water bill
- driver’s license, voter registration, or payroll stub with current address
- vehicle registration
- tax document (income tax return, W-2 form,
- receipt for personal property taxes)
Birth Certificate and Social Security Card
- The student’s birth certificate and social security card are required for enrollment.
- You must have these copies with you at the time of enrollment.
The state of Virginia requires that you provide the school with immunization records for enrollment. These records may be included on the physical form you will receive in your registration packet or can be an official form provided by the medical provider. Your physician or the local health department will be able to help you obtain these records. You may also request a 30-Day Wavier. We can request them from the former school as well.
Developing a Schedule
Several pieces of information are needed in order to assure proper placement of a student in classes:
- A transcript or Report Card that includes all courses taken previously, the level of courses and the final grades for those courses. The most current individualized education plan (IEP) and the most current psychological evaluation for students who receive special education services. The guidance office will request the official records from the former school once enrollment is completed.
- Unofficial documents provided at the time of registration will be used for placement purposes. When official documents are received from the former school, the Special Education Coordinator will verify placement and schedule a placement meeting.